The European Ceramic Society
The JECS Trust was formally set up in December 2007 to oversee the expenditure of funds passed on to the European Ceramic Society (ECerS) by the Society’s Journal and by its publisher, Elsevier.
In its allocation of the Trust’s resources, the Board of the Trust aims:
- to enable the European Ceramic Society to engage in a broad range of activities for the benefit of its membership;
- to strengthen research and teaching within the subject of ceramics;
- to maintain and build on the current strong position of the Journals.
Examples of activities supported:
- Events such as workshops which are specifically aimed at students/early stage researchers/high school teachers.
- Funding of visits by individual researchers to other laboratories within Europe for the purposes of learning new techniques or accessing equipment not available in their own laboratories.
- Activities coming from ECerS Working Groups/Networks (after acceptance by the ECerS PEC).
- Workshops on topical research areas, put on either as part of the ECerS biennial conferences or at other times. For all such meetings, Elsevier would have a strong interest in considering the publication of a Special Issue of JECS or Open Ceramics containing high quality papers from the meeting.
Applicants wishing to receive financial support from the JECS Trust should submit their bids electronically to the joint JECS Trust/ECerS secretariat.
Decision on awards are taken by the Board of the JECS Trust.
Deadlines: 31st of May and 30th November every year
Shaping 8 - Call for abstracts
We are pleased to inform you that the Call for Abstracts for the next Shaping conference (8th) is now open !!
YCN Industry in the spot : BELREF SA - Research and development of refractories by Léna Roumiguier
YCN Newsletter 11 - December 2021
Contact us for any information: email@example.com - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.