The European Ceramic Society
The JECS Trust was formally set up in December 2007 to oversee the expenditure of funds passed on to the European Ceramic Society (ECerS) by the Society’s Journal and by its publisher, Elsevier.
In its allocation of the Trust’s resources, the Board of the Trust aims:
- to enable the European Ceramic Society to engage in a broad range of activities for the benefit of its membership;
- to strengthen research and teaching within the subject of ceramics;
- to maintain and build on the current strong position of the Journals.
Examples of activities supported:
- Events such as workshops which are specifically aimed at students/early stage researchers/high school teachers.
- Funding of visits by individual researchers to other laboratories within Europe for the purposes of learning new techniques or accessing equipment not available in their own laboratories.
- Activities coming from ECerS Working Groups/Networks (after acceptance by the ECerS PEC).
- Workshops on topical research areas, put on either as part of the ECerS biennial conferences or at other times. For all such meetings, Elsevier would have a strong interest in considering the publication of a Special Issue of JECS or Open Ceramics containing high quality papers from the meeting.
Applicants wishing to receive financial support from the JECS Trust should submit their bids electronically to the joint JECS Trust/ECerS secretariat.
Decision on awards are taken by the Board of the JECS Trust.
- For General activities: 2 per year: 31st May and 30th November
- For Mobility: 4 per year: 28th February, 31st May, 31st August and 30th November
17th YCN Webinar - 14th September 2023
Don't miss the 17th YCN Webinar !!
Obituary Professor Paul Goursat
It is with great sadness that we inform you that our dear friend and colleague Professor Paul Goursat died peacefully.
Contact us for any information: firstname.lastname@example.org - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.