The European Ceramic Society
Young Ceramists Network
The Young Ceramists Network (YCN) is an initiative of the Young Ceramists and Training Working Group of the European Ceramic Society (ECerS) and is sponsored by the JECS Trust.
This non-profit network aims at bringing young students and professionals currently doing research on Ceramics.
- A network for Young people conducting research on the field of Ceramics (PhD + 8 years maximum)
- For young researchers (professional, PhD but also post-doctoral or master students), belonging to European/International research institutions (universities, laboratories...)
- An interactive website: www.youngceramists.eu/
- A Facebook page: Young Ceramists Network
- An Instagram page: Young Ceramists Network
- A LinkedIn page: Young Ceramists Network
- A Twitter page: Young Ceramists Network
- 2 Workshops organised in 2018 (Smolenice) and 2021 (Online)
- 10 successfull Webinars organised in the Winter 2020-Spring 2021 pandemia period
- A regular Newsletter
- 3 Photo Contests
- Free Students Evenings organised during each ECerS Conference and Exhibition: read the reports on the 2 last events (2017 Budapest & 2019 Torino)
A group of 5 young researchers is in charge of managing the Young Ceramist Network committee.
Joining YCN is easy and free: How to join YCN!
YCN Newsletter 17 - Research in Industry - Entrepreneurship in Materials Science by Daniela Gehrisch
Founder of MAF, a material analysis laboratory, is Daniela Gehrisch. She was born in Freiberg and grew up the Ore Mountains in Germany. Having been enthusiastic about maths and physics at school, she decided to look for a place to study in the silver city Freiberg. That's how she found the course in materials science and technology and graduated with a diploma.
YCN Newsletter 17 - Research in Spot - Bioceramic bone cements modified with bioglass by Kinga Kowalska
Research in Spot – 3rd YCN Workshop edition - Best online poster presentation
"Bioceramic bone cements modified with bioglass" by Kinga Kowalska
Contact us for any information: firstname.lastname@example.org - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.