The European Ceramic Society
Result of the May 2021 JECS Trust Call for projects
12 applications have been submitted to the JECS Trust by the deadline of 31st May 2021: 3 for General activities (conferences, workshops, summer-schools, etc.) and 9 for Mobility.
After discussion during the JECS Trust board of 12th August 2021, 10 applications were approved and 2 rejected.
Following the decision of the last JECS Trust meeting, all publications arising from the projects accepted have to be submitted first to Open Ceramics. Article Publication Charges (APC) in Open Ceramics will be covered by the JECS Trust for the applicants of accepted Mobility projects.
Unfortunately one of the Mobility project accepted was cancelled but here are the other 9 accepted projects:
- 2021 ECerS Students Speech Contest that will be organised in Novi Sad, Serbia, from 20th to 23rd October 2021 – 16.650 €
- FIRE Summer School: Eco-design of refractories, E for Ecological, Economic, Eco-energetic - Face to face and virtual refractory training courses - that will be organised at RWTH Aachen University, Germany, from 28th to 29th June 2022 – 15.940 €
- II Workshop for Young Researchers in Ceramics and Glasses for Medical Applications (Y-CGMed) that will be organised at the Institute for Ceramics and Glass - Spanish Research Council (CSIC-ICV), Madrid, Spain, from 5 to 6 May 2022 – 7.500 €
- “Molten salts corrosive tests in MAX phase heat exchangers for concentrated solar power application” - Stay of Rafaela Maia Sá Reis in DECHEMA Research Institute - Frankfurt am Main, Germany, from 1st September to 30th November 2021 – 6.500 €
- “A parametric analysis to develop binder jetting 3D printing for cementitious materials: from material to process” - Stay of Farid Salari at BAM, Berlin, Germany, from November 1st 2021 to January 31st 2022 – 6.500 €
- “Study of tribological properties of 3Y-TZP/rGO composites” - Stay of Cristina López Pernía in Thin Film Physics Department, Institute for Technical Physics and Materials Science - Centre for Energy Research, Budapest, Hungary, from 1st October to 23rd December 2021 – 5.700 €
- “Preparation and characterization of borosilicate glass fibers by electrospinning for tissue regenaration” - Stay of Susanta Sengupta in Institute of Biomaterials, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany, from 1st October to 20th December 2021 – 5.950 €
- “Tailoring powder morphology for cold consolidation by binder jetting” - Stay of Marco Mariani in Institute of Ceramic and Glass (ICV)-CSIC. Madrid, Spain, from 5th September to 4th November 2021 – 4.500 €
- “Investigation of biocompatible and biodegradable properties of ionic doped hydroxyapatite/PVP composite coatings on metallic implants” - Stay of Monika Furko in Institute of Biomaterials at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany from 31st January to 30th of April 2022 – 6.500 €
Next deadline for applications is 30th November 2021.
For more information please visit the JECS Trust website.
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: firstname.lastname@example.org - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.