The European Ceramic Society
09/22 - Shaping 8
The 8th Shaping Conference, jointly organized by the European Ceramic Society and the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology Empa in partnership with the Swiss Association for Materials Science and Technology - SVMT, will be held in Dübendorf/Zürich, Switzerland, from 14th to 16th September 2022.
The conference content focuses on the advanced shaping processes applied for ceramics and ceramics based composites. The program will be composed of invited talks and oral presentations, as well as poster sessions and a student poster contest. Furthermore, plenary lectures will be given by well-known scientists in the field.
In addition, a Summer School named "A swiss knife for ceramics shaping: Between fiction, hope and vision" will be held on 13th and 14 September 2022 devoted to Ceramics Processing Science
The program will aim to enrich the knowledge of the participants, widening their point of view on specific topics related to ceramic shaping processes and allowing them to get in closer contact with experts in related field.
The main topics covered by the Shaping 8 conference will be:
- Raw materials synthesis and treatment, with a specific focus on shaping aspects
- Dry powder processing: uni- and iso pressing; one step process starting from powders: HP, SPS, HIP
- Ceramics directly shaped by sol-gel, precursor derived polymers and geopolymers
- Colloidal dispersion & surface modification, relevant in case of (pressure) slip casting
- Plastic forming: extrusion, injection molding, tape casting
- Porous materials, foam structures and their applications
- Prototyping, including additive manufacturing techniques (ink jet, binder jet, stereolithographic methods, laser process, etc.) and machining
- Aspects of drying and debinding
- Thick films: electrophoretic deposition, plasma layers, laser cladding
- Modelling and simulation and the impact on environment and society
Open Ceramics - don't miss the ongoing Special Issues!
Reduced Article Publishing Charges for ECerS members and no charges for publishing in the current Special Issues!
Award on Best Contributions to the Wiki on Ceramic Processing!
The JECS trust is funding an award for the best contribution to the Wiki on Ceramics Processing.
Contact us for any information: email@example.com - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.