The European Ceramic Society
Best paper award announced for the YCN special issue in Open Ceramics
A Best Paper Award was launched at the beginning of 2021 by YCN in collaboration with Elsevier for articles submitted in the "Young Ceramists in the Spotlight" Special Issue of the ECerS Open Access Journal "Open Ceramics".
The awarding event took place online in the afternoon of Monday 22nd November 2021.
The winner of this Special Issue was announced, it was:
From Instituto de Tecnología Cerámica (ITC), Universitat Jaume I, in Castellón, Spain
His article is entitled "Microfluidic rheology: A new approach to measure viscosity of ceramic suspensions at extremely high shear rates". Click here to read it.
The 7 other nominees were:
- Ambra Paterlini et al. - Robocasting of self-setting bioceramics: from paste formulation to 3D part characteristics
- Vinícius D. Silva et al. - Effect of two-step calcination on the formation of nickel oxide hollow nanofibers
- Maximilian Staudacher et al. - Comparison of biaxial strength measured with the Ball-on-Three-Balls- and the Ring-on-Ring-test
- M.H. Moreira et al. - Direct comparison of multi and single-phase models depicting the drying process of refractory castables
- Kevin Lemoine et al. - Benefit of high-pressure structure on sodium transport properties: Example with NaFeF3 post-perovskite
- Thomas Schwab et al. - Always cubes: A comparative evaluation of gas phase synthesis methods and precursor selection for the production of MgO nanoparticles
- Thomas Billovits et al. - Measurement of the piezotronic effect on single grain boundaries in zinc oxide Varistors
During this event Dr. Mihail Grecea, Publishing Ethics Expert at Elsevier, gave a very interesting talk entitled "Research Integrity and publishing ethics: publisher's perspective".
After that, a round table took place between him, the participants and:
- Prof. Ing. Paolo Colombo, Editor-in-Chief of Open Ceramics
- Dr. Catherine Elissalde, Associate Editor of Open Ceramics
- Prof. Dr. Jens Guenster, Associate Editor of Open Ceramics
Thank you to all the participants and to Elsevier for this great collaboration!!
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: email@example.com - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.