The European Ceramic Society
Result of the November 2021 JECS Trust Call for projects
31 applications have been submitted to the JECS Trust by the deadline of 30th November 2021: 5 for General activities (conferences, workshops, summer-schools, etc.), 22 for Mobility and 4 for ECerS.
After discussion during the JECS Trust board of 8th February 2022, 23 applications were approved and 8 Mobility projects rejected.
Following the decision of the last JECS Trust meeting, all publications arising from the projects accepted have to be submitted first to Open Ceramics. Article Publication Charges (APC) in Open Ceramics will be covered by the JECS Trust for the applicants of accepted Mobility projects.
- CERAMICS 2022 / 97th DKG Annual Meeting - Virtual, 07. ‐ 09.03.2022
- School on Additive Manufacturing (in the frame of a Materials Society conference) - 10th April Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Marinha Grande, Leiria
- ECerS Summer School on Sintering prior to the Ceramics in Europe Conference - 8‐9 July 2022 ‐ Krakow ‐ Poland
- 8th international conference on Shaping of Advanced Ceramics and Summer School on "A Swiss knife for ceramics shaping: Between fiction, hope and vision" Empa Dübendorf, Switzerland from September 13‐14, 2022 (Summer school) and September 14‐16, 2022 (Shaping 8 ‐ Conference)
- Wiki on ceramics processing: Best article awards - Mid-February 2022: Announcement; May 2022: Awards granted
- Designing electromechanical ionics for ultrasonics : Stay of Ahsanul Kabir (Poland) in Dpt. of Energy Conversion and Storage, Technical University of Denmark (DTU) – on 01.04.2022-31.07.2022
- Effect of ultra-fast pyrolysis on polymer-derived silicon-based aerogels for environmental and energy applications : Stay of Andrea Zambotti (Italy) in Technische Universität Darmstadt -Institute of Material Science - Germany – on 15/04/2022 - 15/07/2022
- Field-assisted synthesis and cold sintering of mussel shells-derived calcium phosphates nanopowders for biomedical applications : Stay of Anna Galotta (Italy) iIn Riga Technical University, Rudolfs Cimdins Riga Biomaterials Innovations and Development Centre - Latvia - on March 2022 - May 2022
- Interface Populations in High Entropy Oxides: Stay of Alexandra Austin (UK) in Empa, Dübendorf, Switzerland – on March-June 2022
- Effect of the TEOS Sintering Flux on Ionic Defect Clustering during Crystallization in Long Afterglow Strontium Aluminates : Stay of Ece Günay (Turkey) in Department for Nanostructured Materials at the Jožef Stefan Institute Ljubljana, Slovenia - on 15/06/2022 - 15/09/2022
- Production of Yb:YAG transparent ceramic components by pressure-assisted densification techniques and their characterization : Stay of Francesco Picelli (Italy) in Université de Limoges, IRCER - on 03/2022 - 05/2022
- Polymer-derived Biosilicate-C composite scaffolds: the influence on angiogenic and osteogenic differentiation : Stay of Fulden Dogrul (Slovakia) in Institute of Biomaterials, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany - on 01.04.2022-30.06.2022
- Powder synthesis, preparation and characterization of the potassium sodium niobate (KNN) piezoelectric ceramics: Stay of Soňa Hříbalová (Czech Republic) in Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramics (ISTEC), Faenza (RA), Italy - on March 1st - May 13th
- Production and properties of electroceramics by ultra-fast high temperature sintering : Stay of Levent Karacasulu (Turkey) in University of Trento, Department of Industrial Engineering - on 30.05.2022 - 30.08.2022
- Mechanical testing of zirconia scaffolds prepared via MSLA infiltrated with porous calcium phosphates : Stay of Lucie Pejchalová (Czech Republic) in Department for Nanostructured Materials, Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia - on 21/03/2022-19/06/2022
- Microstructural and electrical characterization of electroceramics doped via cold sintering : Stay of Maliha Siddiqui (Czech Republic) in Microelectronics Research Unit, University of Oulu, Finland - on 1 May 2022 to 31 July 2022
- Advanced ceramics with eutectic microstructure for high-temperature applications : Stay of Maryam Vakhshouri (Slovakia) in Universidad de Sevilla, Spain - on 1 April - 30 April 2022
- High pressure SPS synthesis of ceramics for energy storage : Stay of Matěj Nižňanský (Czech Republic) in KU Leuven, Department of Materials Engineering, (Belgium) - on 4th April 2022 - 4th July 2022
- Plasma spraying of BaTiO3/ZrO2 and BaTiO3/Al2O3 composite coatings and evaluation of their properties: Stay of Vojtěch Mařák (Czech Republic) in Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany - on 11 March 2022 - 9 June 2022
- JECS Trust prize 'LOGO CONTEST' - Application from Bioceramics Network - 2022
- Young Ceramists Network new activities for 2022 - Application from YCN Committee - 01/01/2022‐31/12/2022
- ECerS Networks new websites - Application from ECerS Secretariat - 2021‐2022 ‐ online
- Honoraria for JECS Feature Articles - Application from JECS Editor in Chief - 2022‐2024
Next deadline for applications is 31st May 2022!
For more information, please visit the JECS Trust website.
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: email@example.com - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.