The European Ceramic Society
Report on the 2022 Ceramics in Europe Conference
The Ceramics in Europe 2022 conference was organized in Krakow, Poland, from 10th to 14th July 2022 by The Polish Ceramic Society, the European Ceramic Society, the International Ceramic Federation and the International Committee of Electroceramics.
This conference was regrouping the ECerS XVII, ICC9 and Electroceramics XVIII conferences under the common title “Ceramics in Europe 2022”.
Some numbers about the conference:
- 613 participants attended coming from 37 different countries
- 183 posters were presented
- 11 Symposium were developed on 9 parallel sessions with a total of 412 presentations:
- A – Synthesis of powders
- B – Ceramic processing (including: Innovative processing, manufacturing, additive manufacturing, HT processes, sintering)
- C – Modelling, Simulation, characterization and digitalization of materials and processes (including process diagnosis for quality assessment/non-destructive testing)
- D – Structural ceramics / Ceramic coatings / Porous ceramics
- E – Functional ceramics (Dielectrics, Antiferroelectrics, Ion Conductors, Electronics, Piezoelectrics, Ferroelectrics, Multiferroics, Magnetics, Electrocalorics, Thermistors, Thermoelectrics)
- F – Electronic Ceramics (Batteries; SOFC)
- G – Ceramics for energy and environmental technology / Membranes
- H – Ceramics and glasses for healthcare, Bioceramics and Optical ceramics, Bio-Electroceramics
- I – HT materials / Refractories / Composites
- J – Silicate/Traditional ceramics, Arts + Design
- K – ICC9 Industrial and Educational Session
The ECerS award Ceremony was organized on Wednesday morning and the following awards were delivered:
- Stuijts award: Jérôme Chevalier
- Richard Brook award: Bikramjit Basu
- JECS Trust Award: Ralf Riedel
- JECS Best Paper Award announcement: Mingde Qin et al. “Dualphase high-entropy ultra-high temperature ceramics” published in the Journal of the European Ceramic Society 40 (2020) 5037–5050
- Industrial Award: Franco Stefani
- Young Scientist Award: Ondřej Jankovský
- 2021 Students Speech Contest Winner: Maximilian Staudacher
- Electroceramics Young Researcher Award: Schultheiss
- 2021 ECerS-ACerS Award: Kathleen Richardson
Prior to the conference, an ECerS Summer School “Fundamentals and Advanced Technologies of Sintering” was organised at AGH University in Krakow, Poland prior to the Ceramics in Europe Conference.
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: email@example.com - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.