The European Ceramic Society
Report on the Shaping 8 Conference
The 8th Shaping Conference was organized jointly by the European Ceramic Society and the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology Empa in partnership with the Swiss Association for Materials Science and Technology, SVMT, from 14th to 16th September 2022 in Dübendorf/Zurich, Switzerland.
Some numbers about the conference:
There were 125 participants from 19 countries.
- 21 poster presentations
- 57 regular oral presentations were presented on 2 parallel sessions
- 10 keynotes lecturers presented 8 plenary presentations:
- Marc Bohner & Yassine Maazouz - RMS Foundation, Switzerland: "State of the art in shaping (calcium phosphate) bioceramics"
- Giorgia Franchin - University of Padova, Italy: "Additive Manufacturing of ceramics from liquid feedstocks"
- Peter Holtappels - Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany: "Bottom-up shaping of advanced ceramics for electrochemical energy conversion and storage technologies"
- Anne Leriche - LMCPA-University of Valenciennes, France & David Grossin - CIRIMAT-ENSIACET: "DOC-3D-printing: an European research network on additive manufacturing of ceramics"
- Rodrigo Moreno - CSIC, Madrid, Spain: "The role of rheology in shaping of ceramics for sustainable energyThe role of rheology in shaping of ceramics for sustainable energy"
- Zhe Zhao - Shanghai Institute of Technology, China: "The path to the Defect-free 3D-printed ceramics: tough but hopeful"
- Tanja Zimmermann - Empa, Switzerland: "Shaping the future of sustainable built environment"
Prior to the Shaping 8 Conference, a Summer School "A swiss knife for ceramics shaping: Between fiction, hope and vision" was organised on September 13th and 14th, 2022 devoted to ceramics processing science.
The Shaping 8 conference & School were sponsored by the JECS Trust.
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: firstname.lastname@example.org - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.