The European Ceramic Society
Report on the Shaping 8 Summer School
Prior to the Shaping 8 Conference, a Summer School "A swiss knife for ceramics shaping: Between fiction, hope and vision" was held on September 13th and 14th, 2022 devoted to ceramics processing science.
The objective of the summer school was to increase awareness of fundamentals (key metrics, current or inherent problems) and acquire best practices of selected shaping technologies.
There were 27 registered participants from 11 countries.
6 lectures were given by 7 internationally renowned scientists who shared their experience:
- Thomas Graule : Module 1: Pitfalls in powder selection, characterization and modification
- Rodrigo Moreno : Module 2 : Fundamentals about colloids, their rheology and application to suspension based shaping
- Giorgia Franchin : Module 3 : Additive manufacturing of complex ceramics from a sub-micron to meter scale
- Zhe Zhao: Module 4：A toolbox towards defect-free ceramics by 3D printing
- Marc Bohner and Yassine Maazouz : Module 5: Fundamentals of ceramic shaping for biomedical applications
- Peter Holtappels : Module 6 : The role of Ceramic Shaping in Energy Conversion and Storage
This school was sponsored by the JECS Trust.
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: firstname.lastname@example.org - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.