The European Ceramic Society
Report on yCAM 2022
yCAM 2022 was held from 9th to 11th November 2022 at the University of Barcelona in Spain.
yCAM is a symposium and a forum on Additive Manufacturing of Ceramics dedicated to young scientists. yCAM is an initiative of Europe Makes Ceramics (EMC), the Additive Manufacturing network of the European Ceramic Society (ECerS).
Some numbers about yCAM 2022:
- There were 104 participants registered coming from 21 countries.
- 35 oral presentations were given
- Two posters session were held with a total of 38 posters presented.
A brief introduction of the different technologies presented was provided by the session organisers at the beginning of each session.
This year, 2 awards were given to young researchers participating to the forum:
- Best Oral presentation was awarded to Anna-Katharina Hofer from Department of Materials Science, Montanuniversitaet Leoben - Austria
- Best Poster presentation was awarded to Camille Zoude from University of Lyon, France.
In cooperation with yCAM and the University of Barcelona, a hybrid meeting of the DOC 3D printing European project was organized.
yCAM 2022 was sponsored by the JECS Trust.
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: firstname.lastname@example.org - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.