The European Ceramic Society
The YCN Committee selected one YCN representative per country in order to grow the YCN community.
They represent the Young Ceramists Network at ceramic/materials events organised in their countries, asking for a slot to present the YCN in these national events if nobody of the YCN Committee is attending the event.
There are several benefits associated with becoming a YCN Representative:
- You will gain visibility in national and international ceramic community;
- The most active YCN Representative will receive funding to come to the next ECerS conference;
- We are able to provide technical support in case you want to organize a YCN event, such as a workshop (online/in person) or webinar (online);
- We are able to help you with JECS Trust application for funding of a workshop or similar type of event;
- You will be able to directly provide input on our activities and will be the first to know about (and test) some of our projects that we plan to launch.
There are also responsibilities:
- This is a position for 2 years (until the following ECerS conference);
- You are expected to be active in the YCN and your local ceramic community and spread the word about YCN;
- Share news from your community in the YCN Social Media groups and vice versa;
- You will need to join our quarterly meetings, which take place around 14–16 CET to cover most of the timezones (date and time of the following meeting is always announced during the meeting, i.e. 2–3 months ahead).
If there is nobody representing your country and if you are interested to be more involved in the Ceramic community, don't hesitate to contact us via this email address : email@example.com.
2023 - 2025 YCN representatives
2022 - 2023 YCN representatives
YCN Newsletter 18 - New YCN Representative call
You can now apply to the YCN Representative position here! Deadline for applications is October 31st 2023.
Next Deadline to apply to the JECS Trust is 30th November 2023!
Please note that the decisions of the JECS Trust board will not be known before end of February 2024. Activities submitted for the deadline of 30th November 2023 for support from the JECS Trust should then not begin before mid-March 2024.
Contact us for any information: firstname.lastname@example.org - We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.